Monday, May 9, 2011

Vegan Challenge: Final Thoughts

Sorry little buddies.

It's 1 week after my 3-week diet ended, and now is a good time to reflect.  I never went into this challenge expecting I was going to go vegan for life.  At most, I was hoping to learn some vegan subsitututes I would be likely to incorporate into my everyday life. 

Vegan Habits I'll Continue
Milk alternatives: Soy milk in my Americano; Almond milk in my cereal (here for my almond milk post)
Corn tortillas instead of flour
Homemade Vegan Granola (here for the recipe)
Eating nuts for snacks

Vegan Habits I Won't Continue
Vegan cheese.  Bleh.
Not eating bread.  I need it!
Soy milk/almond milk in my tea.  I need the good stuff.

What I Learned

I used to think strict vegans/vegetarians were slightly self-richeous, smug, and kind of irritating.  But after eating vegan for just 3 weeks, I have a whole new respect for people who put the time, effort, and willpower into a non-mainstream diet for the sake of their beliefs.  I am extremely passionate about the things I believe in, and those willing to deprive themselves for the sake of their convictions deserve the utmost admiration.
Go Vegans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment